Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Daughter the Evangelist

Yesterday, Emma and I were in line at Joanne Fabric's to get a piece of linen cut for a project that I'm working on.  There were several people in line, and only 1 person helping, so it was taking awhile.  Emma was talking up a storm, making all the people smile.  Then she said, "go, church?", to which I replied, "we don't have church today".  People thought it was cute.  Then she started getting bored, so I began looking through my purse to find something for her to do, but I didn't really have much.  I grabbed my bible and asked her if she wanted to read.  She yelled "Bible" at the top of her lungs.  Then said, "mommy, read?".  Now whenever she asks me to read my bible I say, "God loves you, Jesus is God, and Jesus loves you".  Of course, saying these words in public made everyone a little uncomfortable, so I noticed.  Oh well!  It's true.  As if this wasn't good enough, Emma then said, "pray!"  At this point, she usually names things or points to things she wants to pray for.  She began pointing to everyone in the line.  So, one by one, we prayed out loud for each person in the line.  It was the most amazing, wonderful feeling ever to share that with my daughter.  She made my day.

2 comments:

  1. WOW that is amazing!! How rad!! GOOD job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Don't you LOVE the prayers of children? From the most heartfelt to the "Dear Jesus, thank you for forks, choo choo trains, table, amen." Love it.

    ReplyDelete