Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Kids Songs

Hey, so I recently decided to compile all the songs Emma and I sing (mostly me really).  I decided to do this because in the car mostly, Emma has been asking me to sing songs one after another constantly...which can be tiring on a long drive.  I often can't think of all the songs we sing, and was surprised to see how many there were!  This list isn't even all of them...I got tired after awhile, and decided to stop.  Oh and if you're wondering why I chose to list those particular praise songs, it's because Emma knows them from the Praise Baby DVD's.




So maybe this list will be helpful to someone else who is endlessly singing to their kids also.

Sidenote:  I haven't critiqued every song, but as I was looking through other lists online, I noticed some of the most famous songs sung with kids are way off, as in not biblical...totally secular way of thinking or just plain confusing.  For example, think of Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  It says, "he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake".  Either kids are going to think he's God, or a stalker.  Also, take for instance This Land is Your Land.  "This land is your land, this land is my land"...ummm, NO.  This land is God's land thank you very much.  Anywho, just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. LOL you crack me up with your comments! I'm so glad you posted this too because I need some ideas for Betty, she loves when I sing songs to her and dancing so I will check out that dvd!!

    ReplyDelete