Thursday, December 30, 2010

Free Driving Record

Okay, so my memory was a little foggy on when and if I had gotten a speeding ticket last year when pulled over, and so I wanted to look online to find out the answer.  Unfortunately, all the other "help" sites are entirely too ambiguous, and all of the links they provided took me to websites that wanted to charge $30-$40 for my driving record.  That's a high price to pay for a bad memory....so I kept searching.  I found 2 reputable sites that recommended calling my insurance company to get the records.  Naive me thought, "well that's a grand idea".  NOT.  Turns out that some insurance companies don't update your records if you've been with them for awhile.  So, genius me ended up inadvertantly telling my own insurance company that I had reasons for them to update my history, and thus hike my rates.  AHHH.  Wish that "help" article would have mentioned that!  Oh well.  Honesty is the best policy.  Besides, we wouldn't want those insurance agents to have to skimp on their sports cars and fine wine.

So, if you're thinking about obtaining your current driving record, take it from me, DON'T call your insurance agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment