Monday, February 15, 2010

Painting your Kid's Room

I love to decorate!  A few years ago I painted a room at my mom's house to be the kid's room.  I borrowed an overhead and printed out a large silhouette of a skyline.  After painting the main part of the wall yellow, I projected the skyline on it and painted it black with chalkboard paint.  Then, I added the pink sun which was also on the overhead I printed out.  It's so great, because my niece can draw right on the wall with chalk.

Last year I decorated my own daughter's bedroom.  People were puzzled when I told them I was painting the walls gray, but I think it's important to consider a muted background at times, so when you add the accents, they really pop.  I was doing accents using black and white Fleurde-lis patterns and very light pinks, as well as earthy greens. Also, the two-tones walls helps to break it up and help a small room feel taller.

Whatever you decide to do, be yourself & go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment